Old February 2nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Scid development activity?

I've been using scid for some time, and I notice lots of others do
too. But, when I look at their sourceforge site there doesn't look to
be a lot of activity. I mean on the mailing lists and trackers etc...

Has scid moved from there, or is there no longer any active
development?

Old February 2nd 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I've been using scid for some time, and I notice lots of others do
too. But, when I look at their sourceforge site there doesn't look to
be a lot of activity. I mean on the mailing lists and trackers etc...

Has scid moved from there, or is there no longer any active
development?

If you check the archive of this group you'll find a couple of people
working on developments of SCID posted last month.
Old February 2nd 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

At least I work on it, waiting to be able to update directly Scid at
Sourceforge.
My version is available here :
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/

It is based on latest Scid release, with some enhancements. Soon Scid
will support UCI engines.

Pascal Georges

Old February 2nd 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:
I've been using scid for some time, and I notice lots of others do
too. But, when I look at their sourceforge site there doesn't look to
be a lot of activity. I mean on the mailing lists and trackers etc...

Has scid moved from there, or is there no longer any active
development?

I forked it some time back

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/
(Spanish users should see at least part of the site in Spanish, as it is
being translated by someone else).

Pascal, the other person who posted, did originally contribute some
code, but then decided to go alone.

The main changes in ChessDB over Scid are listed at:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/Scid/

Very soon I hope to have the ability to download games from ICC and FICS.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database