Old February 5th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default scid+crafty+TB

i would use scid with craft as engine. i can't set up scid to say to
crafty to use the TBs. can you help me. thanks. Pier

Old February 6th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ppcur wrote:

i would use scid with craft as engine. i can't set up scid to say to
crafty to use the TBs.

Impossible. Edit the crafty.rc or .craftyrc. Read the crafty doc file and
add the path to TBs in the rc file.

Volker
Old February 6th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Volker Pittlik ha scritto:

ppcur wrote:

i would use scid with craft as engine. i can't set up scid to say to
crafty to use the TBs.

Impossible. Edit the crafty.rc or .craftyrc. Read the crafty doc file and
add the path to TBs in the rc file.

Volker

i have set up my crafty.rc (see below) and it work properly if i use
directly crafty, but it doesn't work if i use crafty as an engine of
scid. Do you think there is a problem in mi crafty.rc?

Crafty.rc
hash=92M
hashp=16M
log off
book on
ponder on
tbpath=d:\scacchi\crafty20.1\TB
egtb

Old February 6th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ppcur wrote:

scid. Do you think there is a problem in mi crafty.rc?

Crafty.rc
hash=92M

Looks OK so far. It may help if you add an "exit" at a last line to it.
Is Scid aware of the crafty.rc? Is the path to it in the "Parameters" line
when you edit the engine in Scid?

Volker

Old February 7th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ppcur wrote:
i would use scid with craft as engine. i can't set up scid to say to
crafty to use the TBs. can you help me. thanks. Pier

What platform? I am aware with some problems on the SPARC platform with
recent version ( 19.9) of crafty. Otherwise, it should be fairly easy
to do.

ChessDB is an enhanced version of Scid. There is better documentation on
the ChessDB web site on setting up table bases. See:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/tutorial/t_tool_egtb.php

That bit will apply to Scid just as well.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
Old February 8th 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 6 Feb, 18:52, Volker Pittlik wrote:
ppcur wrote:

... scid. Do you think there is a problem in mi crafty.rc?

Crafty.rc
hash=92M

Looks OK so far. It may help if you add an "exit" at a last line to it.
Is Scid aware of the crafty.rc? Is the path to it in the "Parameters" line
when you edit the engine in Scid?

Volker

i tried with "exit" in my crafty.rc but nothing.

now i give you the Analisys engine window parameters

Name crafty 20.1
Command D:/scacchi/crafty20.1/crafty.exe
Parameters D:/scacchi/crafty20.1/crafty.rc
Directory .

do you think i can change (i tried to change the Directory with "D:/
scacchi/crafty20.1/" but nothing)

Thank you very much for your help.

Pier Paolo