Old February 7th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default [ANN] New version of Scid (chess database)

Hi,

I released a new version of Scid (a chess database program) at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/
Since my last annoucement here, I added more than 20.000 exercises (most
mates in N moves, all generated by myself from real games) and native
UCI engine support.

Enhancements from original Scid are detailed here :
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/scid_newfeatures.html

In summary, the changes made to original Scid are :

* Crafty, Phalanx and Toga are three chess engines embedded in the
distribution;
* Play against an opponent with a simulated ELO rate (between 1200
and 2200) and optionaly using major opening lines;
* Automatic game annotation to find blunders
* Enter markers (colored squares and arrows) directly on the board
with mouse clicks
* Opening trainer using user's repertoire
* Tactical training (more than 20 000 exercises)
* Display of multiple variations during analysis (display the
N-best lines)
* UCI engine support

Pascal Georges
Old February 8th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default New version of Scid (chess database)

On 7 Feb, 14:34, pascal wrote:
[...]

Could you add the connection with DGT chessboard?
thanks.

Pier Paolo

Old February 8th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

pascal ha scritto:

Sorry, I have no DGT board myself, so I can't add this feature.

Pascal Georges

thanks. an other question. i can't say to windows to open .pgn files
(but also .si3 files) with scid-pg. Before i installed your version, i
could open scid clicking on a file pgn.

i tried to connect the pgn file, but windows doesn't take in
consideration my command.

thank you for your help

bye

pier paolo

Old February 9th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 9, 12:29 am, "ppcur" wrote:
pascal ha scritto:

Sorry, I have no DGT board myself, so I can't add this feature.

Pascal Georges

thanks. an other question. i can't say to windows to open .pgn files
(but also .si3 files) with scid-pg. Before i installed your version, i
could open scid clicking on a file pgn.

i tried to connect the pgn file, but windows doesn't take in
consideration my command.

thank you for your help

bye

pier paolo

oh i forgot, in scid right click of the mouse = come back one move.
dosesn't it workin scid-pg?

many thanks.

Pier Paolo

Old February 9th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I removed intentionaly the binding of the right mouse button (RMB) because:
- if at end of a line, the last move will be erased with no way to undo
this (what happens if this is a mistake and you can't remember the move
for replay ?)
- if an user wants to add a marker (red colored square), he will have to
press Shift + RMB. If he's not careful enough he may not press Shift at
the right time, and then trigger a "move back + optional erase" command,
which I found dangerous (it happened to me).

What do you think of that ? Maybe I should add an other binding (x key
for example) that will have the same effect as former RMB ? Note that
CTRL+DEL and CTRL+BACKSPACE already work.

Pascal Georges

Old February 9th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 9 Feb, 17:33, pascal wrote:
I removed intentionaly the binding of the right mouse button (RMB) because:
- if at end of a line, the last move will be erased with no way to undo
this (what happens if this is a mistake and you can't remember the move
for replay ?)
- if an user wants to add a marker (red colored square), he will have to
press Shift + RMB. If he's not careful enough he may not press Shift at
the right time, and then trigger a "move back + optional erase" command,
which I found dangerous (it happened to me).

I appreciated very much the RMB function, but you know: people are a
creature of habit very often!!! :-)

i hope that you will have time enough to work on the compatibility
with DGT board, if you want, you can find information on http://
www.dgtprojects.com/develop.htm

i can't believe that arena can connect the electronic board and my
favourite software can't.

Another information for you: i'm testing scid with a database of 3,5 M
games (500 MB large) and it works perfectly. It's a great trainer for
openings...

Pascal, many thanks.

Bye

Old February 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ppcur a écrit :

pascal ha scritto:

Sorry, I have no DGT board myself, so I can't add this feature.

Pascal Georges

thanks. an other question. i can't say to windows to open .pgn files
(but also .si3 files) with scid-pg. Before i installed your version, i
could open scid clicking on a file pgn.

i tried to connect the pgn file, but windows doesn't take in
consideration my command.

thank you for your help

bye

pier paolo- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

i think this the only real problem of the softwa it's too useful to
click on a file to open the file.

Old February 9th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"ppcur" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
On 9 Feb, 17:30, pascal wrote:

i tried to connect the pgn file, but windows doesn't take in
consideration my command.

I think pgnscid.exe functionality should be integrated in the Scid Main Gui
to use it by button-click.
One often has to transform pgn.files to La tex format. Ain't it easy to
integrate it ?

Emil