Old February 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz interface in Hiracs ; Better than previous Fritz ?

Want to buy Hiarcs but it has Fritz 9 interface.
I've had Fritz 8 for 2 years and it has more bugs than
an ice cream cone melted on the sidewalk.
Its so buggy , and to me not straightforward ,
that I rarely use it. No fun.

Is Fritz 9 any better ( can't be worse ) ?

Is there any way to run the Hiracs engine with a
UCI interface such as Arena ?

Tried to send email to Mark Uniacke but can't
find him. Thanks for any help.
David Lemper

Old February 9th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 2007-02-09 19:57:09 +0100, David Lemper said:

Want to buy Hiarcs but it has Fritz 9 interface.
I've had Fritz 8 for 2 years and it has more bugs than
an ice cream cone melted on the sidewalk.
Its so buggy , and to me not straightforward ,
that I rarely use it. No fun.

Is Fritz 9 any better ( can't be worse ) ?

Is there any way to run the Hiracs engine with a
UCI interface such as Arena ?

Tried to send email to Mark Uniacke but can't
find him. Thanks for any help.
David Lemper

Hiarcs 10 for Mac works great on Sigma chess.
If you want a stable environment I can recommend a Mac. If you want a
stable windows machine you should consider a Mac as well.

Hans