Old February 9th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default long tournament in north-central New Jersey

Due to problems with the TLA, I am posting information about this tournament
in the online chess forums. Please forgive the "off topic" nature of this
post.

The Hackettstown, NJ Chess Club's premier event, the Spring Round Robin,
begins this Monday, February 12, at 7:30 pm. Registration begins at 7 PM in
the Hackettstown Community Center, Hackettstown, NJ.

E.F. = $14 for approximately 12 rated games. Modest prizes (from USCF
Catalog) will be awarded to about 30% of the field. If we have enough
players we will split into A (1750-2100) and B (under about 1750) groups.
Time limit is 40/90 and 40/60 thereafter (or G/60 by mutual agreement).
One game will be played each Monday night until Memorial Day.

Our club is friendly and the venue is terrific -- quiet, warm in winter,
cool in summer, and well-lighted. We even supply boards, pieces, and clocks.

Hackettstown is very easy to get to from Route 80 or Route 46 in NJ, and
close to almost anywhere in northern and central NJ, as well as eastern and
north-eastern Pennsylvania. Here's a map of the area:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Hackett...i=map&ct=image
The community center is located on Main St. (Rte 46) in downtown
Hackettstown, across the street from the brightly lit Methodist church.

If you have any questions you can email me at angelodp(at)gmail(com) or TD
Harold Darst at darst111(at)comcast(net). Harold's phone number is
908-852-5925.

If you haven't played slow rated chess in a while you owe it to yourself to
participate in this great event.

Sincerely,

Angelo DePalma