Old January 27th 04, 07:44 PM
drummerman

Default Shootout from a prearrange position

How can you set up Fritz 8 to play two engines against each other from
a prearranged position? I can play two engines against each other
using engine vs engine. This, however, is from the start of a game.
Shootout seem to use just one engine when playing a prearranged
position. I must be overlooking something. Any help would be
appreciated.
Old January 27th 04, 08:58 PM
HD

drummerman skrev:
How can you set up Fritz 8 to play two engines against each other from
a prearranged position? I can play two engines against each other
using engine vs engine. This, however, is from the start of a game.
Shootout seem to use just one engine when playing a prearranged
position. I must be overlooking something. Any help would be
appreciated.

You can set up the engine match using a position database. Thats an
ordinary gamebase with unfinished games/positions which the engines can
access instead of a book. It's included in the match setup dialog, and
you can which position to be the first from the base of your choice. To
test it, try for instance the Nunn test (in the Chessbase program
folder), or any other premade or homecooked.
Yes, you overlooked something.

HD