Old February 14th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Crafty Question

[ This is better off in rgc.computer so I've set followups to go there. ]

Artificer wrote:
I would like to know what is the latest version of the crafty engine
and if it is still under development.

http://www.craftychess.com/ says 21.5 and yes, respectively.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Generic Clock (TM): it's like a clock
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ but it's just like all the others!
Old February 15th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Artificer wrote:

I would like to know what is the latest version of the crafty engine
and if it is still under development.

http://www.craftychess.com/ says 21.5 and yes, respectively.

Dave.

It's interesting that is later than the latest source of Robert Hyatt's
ftp site. I can't follow the logic of that.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
Old February 15th 07, 12:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Dave (from the UK) wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
http://www.craftychess.com/ says 21.5 and yes, respectively.

It's interesting that is later than the latest source of Robert
Hyatt's ftp site. I can't follow the logic of that.

My assumption is that Prof Hyatt is using craftychess.com to
distribute Crafty in preference to the UAB FTP server which was, as I
recall, down for some while last year.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Swiss Permanent Newspaper (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a daily broadsheet but it'll

Old February 15th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Bubba wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
My assumption is that Prof Hyatt is using craftychess.com to
distribute Crafty in preference to the UAB FTP server which was, as
I recall, down for some while last year.

"This is a personal page managed by Mr. Tracy Riegle, Houston Texas,
ICC Regal1."

My assumption would appear to be incorrect. :-)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Disposable Adult Book (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a romantic novel that you won't want

Old February 16th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 15 Feb 2007 15:24:56 +0000 (GMT), David Richerby
wrote:

Bubba wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
My assumption is that Prof Hyatt is using craftychess.com to
distribute Crafty in preference to the UAB FTP server which was, as
I recall, down for some while last year.

"This is a personal page managed by Mr. Tracy Riegle, Houston Texas,
ICC Regal1."

My assumption would appear to be incorrect. :-)

Dave.

The builds themselves are Peter Skinner's builds. Michael Byrne also
has builds of this version of Crafty at his Yahoo groups site:

Tony