Old January 29th 04, 05:58 PM
Darek

Default Fritz 6 vs. Fritz 8

Hello!

Nowadays, I have got Fritz 6. Is it Fritz 8 stronger than Fritz 6?

Thanks in advance!

best regards,
Darek

Old January 29th 04, 09:10 PM
Michael Varney

"Darek" wrote in message
Hello!

Nowadays, I have got Fritz 6. Is it Fritz 8 stronger than Fritz 6?

Thanks in advance!

Question is: Is Fritz six stronger than you?

Old January 30th 04, 10:48 AM
Darek

Użytkownik "Michael Varney" :

Question is: Is Fritz six stronger than you?

---
It depends on position. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

So?

regards,
Darek

Old January 30th 04, 11:23 AM
Darek

Użytkownik "Leonardo Ljubicic" napisał w
wiadomości ...
No, Fritz 8 is seriously weaker than Fritz 6.

:-))

Leonardo

------------
It is not funny!!!
If you don't know to help, don't answer in this stupid way!

Darek

Old January 30th 04, 02:39 PM
Michael Varney

"Darek" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Michael Varney" :

Question is: Is Fritz six stronger than you?

---
It depends on position. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

So?

Then you would do well to play fritz 8. However, Fritz 6 could beat 99% of
the strong players in the world, so constantly upgrading to a stronger
engine just for the sake of claiming to own the strongest engine is rather
silly.
If you wish to use it for analysis, that is a different question. If you
want an engine that plays more human-like chess, that is a different
question.

Old January 30th 04, 02:40 PM
Michael Varney

"Darek" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Leonardo Ljubicic" napisał w
wiadomości ...
No, Fritz 8 is seriously weaker than Fritz 6.

:-))

Leonardo

It is not funny!!!

I was laughing my ass off, so it was funny.

If you don't know to help, don't answer in this stupid way!

The answer seemed to be precisely tailored to the level of the question.