Old February 21st 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default I am having problems with ChessBase

I just got ChessBase 9.0 and I am having big problems.

I just entered and saved three games. It seems that each game was
saved on top of the previous game, so that each game deleted its
predecessor, so that I lost the first two games.

This is just one of my problems. If you can help with the solution, I
will tell you the next one.

Old February 21st 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 20, 7:37 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
I just got ChessBase 9.0 and I am having big problems.

I just entered and saved three games. It seems that each game was
saved on top of the previous game, so that each game deleted its
predecessor, so that I lost the first two games.

This is just one of my problems. If you can help with the solution, I
will tell you the next one.

Sam Sloan

What you did was saved one game and edited it twice. Clcik the
chessboard icon ( or Control-N) to start a new board after you save a
game. I have chessbase 8.0,so I'm assummig Chessbase 9.0 will work
in thw same fashion. Hitting the F1 key brings up the help menu which
you may find useful.

Old February 21st 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"mate-in-30" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

snip

Do not feed the troll.

--
CeeBee

*** entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ***
Old March 5th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"samsloan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just got ChessBase 9.0 and I am having big problems.

I just entered and saved three games. It seems that each game was
saved on top of the previous game, so that each game deleted its
predecessor, so that I lost the first two games.

This is just one of my problems. If you can help with the solution, I
will tell you the next one.

Sam Sloan

This is a new one on me. With the program running normally, the only way
that could happen is if you either over-wrote the previous game and
re-saved, or if you somehow used "replace" instead of "save" or "save as."

If you think this is a "big problem" wait until you've used CB for a while.
The company has not fixed bugs that have existed for the entire 9 years I
have used the program. It's nice of them to provide the capability of
playing a movie within the program, and those shnazzy 3D pieces are quite
attractive. But don't expect the program to do more than a couple of things
reliably well. Don't even think of customer service. Since retiring Steve
Lopez CB does not provide it. And remember one important fact when you post
here for help: Whatever your problem, it only happens on *your* machine, and
it's probably your fault (in this case I suspect it is).

Angelo