Old January 31st 04, 02:23 AM
Gregory Topov

Default CM9K problem? - Player Profile: Stats vs Opponent

When I first got CM9000, from the "Player Profile" window, I could bring up
the "Tournament Room" stats box, and then click on "vs Opponent" to see the
stats of game results against individual CM personalities. This used to
work fine. Now when I click on the "vs Opponent" button, CM just exits
without warning.

Anyone else have this problem? I tried creating another user, and the
behaviour is fine for that user - it correctly shows the stats vs individual
personalities without crashing. But for my existing user (which obviously
has a record of all my games played so far and my rating, as well as which
tutorials I've done etc - so I don't want to delete it), this consistently
keeps happening.

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect this may have begun occurring ever
since I added some text about myself to the "Profile" part of the "Player
Profile" window. The key file seems to be the "myname.usr" file in the
/Users/Myname directory. I wonder if this file got corrupted somehow maybe
when I added text to the Profile?

Anyway, I figured I'd throw out the problem here in the newsgroup, in case
anyone else has experienced it, or if anyone has any ideas about correcting
it. Maybe it's a bug (though it seems strange that it works fine when I
create other users), or maybe there's some kind of fix by just editing my
myname.usr file somehow.

I'm really enjoying CM9000 though! Terrific program! As a relative
beginner, I've learned a lot from it!
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 16th 04, 04:34 PM
andyhot

Default nic2pgn

Hi, i've been using nic2pgn.exe to convert nicbase files (i.e. from
NIC59 Yerabook CD) into pgns, but....
the converter does not include the variations or annotations of the
original files.
Is there another converter that handles such cases?
Does anyone know if the source code for the original cb2pgn is available,
so that i can extend it to support variations?
Respect,
Andreas Andreou