Old February 1st 04, 12:22 AM
MWNTX64

Default tip remove 'source from CB database

Euc1id,

I'm still not sure how to do it. Can you explain it step by step?
Thanks for your time.

Mack
______________________________

From: Euc1id )
Subject: tip: remove "source" from CB database

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.computer
Date: 2003-09-17 04:06:46 PST

I wanted to remove the source information from a large Chessbase
database.cbh. It was a nuisance. Everytime I exported a game in PGN it would
include two unwanted header lines with the source and source date. I
couldn't find any operation in Chessbase to allow me to do so easily. And it
would be a major chore to convert the entire database to PGN format, then
somehow edit the PGN file to remove those two unwanted header lines, then
convert it all back to .cbh format again. Fortunately I found an easier
way...

I discovered that the source information is contained in the database.cbs
file. So simply replace that file with one which has no source information.
If you don't have a blank source file available offhand, open a new
dummy.cbh database and use the dummy.cbs file from that one. Of course
rename dummy.cbs to database.cbs.

Works like a charm.
--
Euc1id

Old February 1st 04, 03:49 AM
Euc1id

1) Create a new database, to produce a .cbs file without any source info.
2) Rename it, to have the same name as the .cbs file in your database.
3) Replace the .cbs file in your database with the new .cbs file.
--
Euc1id

From: Euc1id )

View this article only