Old March 3rd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default I want to fire Bill Hall

Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Old March 4th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 3, 10:32 am, "samsloan" wrote:
Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Sam Sloan

You can't fire someone over that Sam.

Old March 4th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Mar 3, 11:17 pm, "Rob" wrote:
On Mar 3, 10:32 am, "samsloan" wrote:

Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Sam Sloan

You can't fire someone over that Sam.

I did not post that. You have responded to a posting by the Fake Sam
Sloan.

However, I am wondering why you say that a person who is chronically
absent from work cannot be fired.

Old March 4th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 4, 1:25 am, "samsloan" wrote:
On Mar 3, 11:17 pm, "Rob" wrote:

[...]

By law you cannot retailate against someone taking FMLA leave.
Additionally most employers build in sick days. In lieu of sick days ,
vacation time may be substituted.

The USCF also has a very weak Ex. Dir. position . The real power lies
with Goichberg. Sorry if I responded to a fake Sam. LOL There are so
many it's hard to know which ones to reply to.
Rob

Old March 4th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

My job would be ok with me taking that time off BUT they would ask me
for proof ..Doctor bill and name of the doc so they can call him or if
he has to take a plane then proof of that ..
They would let you have the time off , no problem just bring in some
proof that is all.