Old February 1st 04, 07:21 PM
Marco

Default Fritz 8, analysis and medals

According to the instruction booklet ("manual" is too big a word) for
Fritz 8, when this program analyses a chess game it should assign a
number of "medals", according to different features of the game.
However, the only "medals" I have seen assigned so far are the black
one (blunder) and the red one (brilliant move). What about the others,
like strategy, tactics, etc? Even when I analyse some very famous games,
like many of Alekhine's games, I hardly ever get any medals. Do the
other medals actually exist? Also, does the "reference database" function
actually work?
Thanks,

Marco
Old February 2nd 04, 01:25 PM
HD

Marco skrev:
According to the instruction booklet ("manual" is too big a word) for
Fritz 8, when this program analyses a chess game it should assign a
number of "medals", according to different features of the game.
However, the only "medals" I have seen assigned so far are the black
one (blunder) and the red one (brilliant move). What about the others,
like strategy, tactics, etc? Even when I analyse some very famous games,
like many of Alekhine's games, I hardly ever get any medals. Do the
other medals actually exist? Also, does the "reference database" function
actually work?
Thanks,

Marco

The reference base works if you use correct on a prober base with enough
games to support it.
About the medal-thing, I too haven't seen it anything different than you
do. It's obviously a very limited feature.

HD