Old February 2nd 04, 09:38 AM
Gammon Double

Default Two Fantastic New Chess Newsgroups

Two fantastic new chess newsgroups that are moderated to ensure that they
remain spam, sales, and harassment free so that the focus can be on chess
related issues. Please join us at the following:

Chess Database Discussion:

Chess General Discussion:

Both of these newsgroups are rich in resources and informative articles!
See you there!

Old February 2nd 04, 11:03 AM
David Richerby

Gammon Double wrote:
Two fantastic new chess newsgroups that are moderated to ensure that
they remain spam, sales, and harassment free so that the focus can be on
chess related issues. Please join us at the following:

Chess Database Discussion:

Spam free? Well, there might not be any spam on the groups but I'm sick
and tired of whoever it is who keeps spamming my E-mail account with
offers to join this group. I've had about half a dozen `invites' so
far...

Dave.

--
David Richerby Transparent Permanent Laser (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like an intense beam of light
Old February 2nd 04, 11:06 AM
Ari Makela

In article , David Richerby wrote:
Gammon Double wrote:
Two fantastic new chess newsgroups that are moderated to ensure that
they remain spam, sales, and harassment free so that the focus can be on
chess related issues. Please join us at the following:

Chess Database Discussion:

Spam free? Well, there might not be any spam on the groups but I'm sick
and tired of whoever it is who keeps spamming my E-mail account with
offers to join this group. I've had about half a dozen `invites' so
far...

Chess XML mailing list was also spammed with this notice.

--
Ari Makela no escaping it -
I must step on fallen leaves

Old February 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
dajava

Gammon Double wrote:
Two fantastic new chess newsgroups that are moderated to ensure that
they remain spam, sales, and harassment free so that the focus can be on
chess related issues. Please join us at the following:

Chess Database Discussion:

Spam free? Well, there might not be any spam on the groups but I'm sick
and tired of whoever it is who keeps spamming my E-mail account with
offers to join this group. I've had about half a dozen `invites' so
far...

Chess XML mailing list was also spammed with this notice.

Chess XML mailing ? What is that?

Interesting messages.
I was about to register to the Discussion
but realized that I do not have a yahoo account.
I am too lazy to make a new mail account.

dajava,
Old February 3rd 04, 06:28 PM
Thomas

Do we really need more places? These are discussion groups, not
newsgroups, but that's being nit picky I realize. But there's too
much now as it is.

You don't set a good precedent when you spam everyone to join, and
also just by signing up for yahoo groups gets you spammed.

Old February 3rd 04, 06:37 PM
drummerman

This is a spam madhouse. Do not subscribe! Your mailbox will be
filled with this B.S.