Old February 2nd 04, 05:44 PM
Gregory Topov

Default CM9000: PGNs of games don't have ratings?

Hi,

With ChessMaster 9000, I've played quite a few rated games, but noticed that
the PGNs of these games do not include my own rating, or that of my opponent
(the CM personalities). Adding the ratings of both players would be a great
addition to the PGN, so I can track my own development and progress, as well
as compare my results to the other players. Is there a way to get CM to add
this automatically as it saves the PGN?

--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 3rd 04, 06:48 PM
John Merlino

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message ...
Hi,

With ChessMaster 9000, I've played quite a few rated games, but noticed that
the PGNs of these games do not include my own rating, or that of my opponent
(the CM personalities). Adding the ratings of both players would be a great
addition to the PGN, so I can track my own development and progress, as well
as compare my results to the other players. Is there a way to get CM to add
this automatically as it saves the PGN?

You can do this by going to "Game - Game Information" (or pressing
CTRL+I), and adding the ratings for the players in the dialog. Then,
when you save the game or copy it to the clipboard, the ratings will
be added.

jm
Old February 3rd 04, 10:15 PM
Gregory Topov

"John Merlino" wrote in message
om...
You can do this by going to "Game - Game Information" (or pressing
CTRL+I), and adding the ratings for the players in the dialog. Then,
when you save the game or copy it to the clipboard, the ratings will
be added.

But when playing a rated game in the tournament room, the games are saved
automatically into a PGN, and you aren't given the opportunity to edit the
game information or ratings.

Old February 4th 04, 05:16 PM
John Merlino

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message ...
"John Merlino" wrote in message
om...
You can do this by going to "Game - Game Information" (or pressing
CTRL+I), and adding the ratings for the players in the dialog. Then,
when you save the game or copy it to the clipboard, the ratings will
be added.

But when playing a rated game in the tournament room, the games are saved
automatically into a PGN, and you aren't given the opportunity to edit the
game information or ratings.

Ok, I understand. I guess I would say that is a flaw. Sorry, but there
is no way around that....

jm