Old March 9th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz databases

I bought Fritz 10 but still have Fritz 5.32 on my PC.

After saving a game (when playing 10) I save it to existing database
in 5.32 where I have kept all my other games.

When I try to open this database in 10, it does now show my database.

Any thoughts please?

Old March 9th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

victorkor wrote:
I bought Fritz 10 but still have Fritz 5.32 on my PC.

After saving a game (when playing 10) I save it to existing database
in 5.32 where I have kept all my other games.

When I try to open this database in 10, it does now show my database.

Any thoughts please?

The file format has changed. Fritz 10 can still read the old
format[1] but, in the dialog box where you choose the file, you'll
need to set the file type to `Databases old (*.CBF)'.

Dave.

[1] Well, I assume it can. Fritz 8 could.

--
David Richerby Voodoo Lotion (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a soothing hand lotion that has