Old March 10th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Scid 3.6.8 released (chess database)

Hi,

I released an updated version of Scid at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid

The changes are :
- increased the max number of games in clipboard base to 1.000.000 (this
should satisfy all needs, at least I hope so)
- clicking on a clock stops or starts it
- the variations pop-up window is now clickable (a variation can now be
entered either by using right arrow, enter key or mouse button)
- multiple PGN file import through Scid interface (no command line needed)
- fixed a minor bug in tactical game when following a specific opening line

Pascal Georges

Dave "The Inappropriate" Kirkby -
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/#fork_insane
Old March 10th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Andreas Hofmann a écrit :
pascal wrote:

I released an updated version of Scid

Actually, your update-policy seems a bit inflationary these days, no?!

I usually do it : if I count well it is the 25 th since about 2 months,
so there is no inflation. The problem is that some people ask for a
feature and if I wait too long to release, they will simply have to wait....
There is of course a drawback by releasing too often, and I promise to
slow down :-)

Pascal
Old March 11th 07, 02:58 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
(at least I received a mail from Scid's author encouraging me in that way)
Hi,

I read the above quoted on your http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/ web site. You did receive some type of correspondence from Shane Hudson? I only ask the question because it would be good to learn that Mr. Hudson is at least in reasonable health and still with us, whether or not he decides to continue public work on Scid or not.

Thanks
Old March 11th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Yes, I received a private mail from Shane Hudson on 25th Feb, and he
told me he has the will to continue Scid development. I asked him a few
questions about my actual work on Scid but got no replies... The only
thing he told me about my work is "it seems like you have added some
great new features", but I am sure he did not see everything : I think
he may disagree on some (like the bundling of other engines, with one
not released under GPL).

So the best thing to do is to wait and make work that will ease his come
back if he wants to release quickly a new 3.7 version with additional
features ready for incorporation.

Pascal