Old February 3rd 04, 05:39 AM
drummerman

Default Weak Engine

Has anyone tried the new Sjeng 12.13 engine available from Chessbase?
When used in Fritz8, it reminds me of the crappy early 1980's programs
that threw away pieces and made inexplicable moves. Is my experience
with this download unique or have other players had a similar
experience?
Old February 3rd 04, 09:35 PM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

"drummerman" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone tried the new Sjeng 12.13 engine available from Chessbase?
When used in Fritz8, it reminds me of the crappy early 1980's programs
that threw away pieces and made inexplicable moves. Is my experience
with this download unique or have other players had a similar
experience?

It's not new and has been available for quite a while. It's not
as strong as a professional program, but it certainly shouldn't
throw away pieces for nothing.

On fast hardware it'll easily be over 2400 ELO.

--
GCP