Old February 7th 04, 02:54 PM
Salvatore Novello

Default chessfriends.org

A new server for playing chess on the Internet and meanwhile to chat about
chess problems and training.

You can access to CHESSFRIENDS.ORG by

Winboard

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/winboard/winboard-4_2_7a.exe

choose at starting "Use an Internet Chess Server"

and type "chessfriends.org /icsport=5000"

Arena

http://www.playwitharena.com/

choose the Menu Extra-Internet and then, in the form

Server name: chessfriends.org

Port: 5000

deselect Timeseal-Timestamp and Accuclock

Chess Client

http://home.centurytel.net/khb/cclient/

Menu File-Connect

then in the form

Address: chessfriends.org

Port: 5000

Protocol: Fics

deselect Use Time Seal

At first you can use any account,

for example "Guest" . Afterwhile, in order to have a final account, send me
an email to and tell me
the nick, your email, your name and surname, the chosen password.

Type "match challenge" to play against a computer software.

Type "seek 2 12" for a game 2 minutes + 12 secs per move.

Type "seek 20 0" for a 20 minutes chess game.

I look forward to your emails and to playing together CHESS.

Much better than Freechess.org !!

Old February 8th 04, 10:53 PM
Steven Wayne

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:54:16 +0100, Salvatore Novello
wrote:
A new server for playing chess on the Internet and meanwhile to chat about
chess problems and training.

You can access to CHESSFRIENDS.ORG by

I had a look at your site, it looks a lot like the FICS opening
page, but I was the only person on the site.

Steven
--
Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your
electronic communication? Consider this:
Old February 9th 04, 12:11 PM
David Richerby

Steven Wayne wrote:
I had a look at your site, it looks a lot like the FICS opening page,
but I was the only person on the site.

Hence the standard advice: don't bother starting your own chess server.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Sadistic Nuclear Widget (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a thingy that's made of atoms