Old February 8th 04, 04:32 PM
Elijah

Default convert cbh to pgn

Howdy!
I wanted to convert one of the database books on
http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm which is currently in
cbh format to pgn so I can import it to Pocket Chess for the PDA.

Is there a way to do this in Fritz, or is there some freeware that'll
do it for me?

thanks
Old February 8th 04, 05:20 PM
Le Fou

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:32:51 GMT, Elijah wrote:

Howdy!
I wanted to convert one of the database books on
http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm which is currently in
cbh format to pgn so I can import it to Pocket Chess for the PDA.

Is there a way to do this in Fritz, or is there some freeware that'll
do it for me?

thanks

In Fritz Database Windows
1- Open the cbh file
2- Select all games - Copy
3- Create a new pgn file
4- Paste
--
Patrick
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/lefouduroi/
Old February 9th 04, 12:32 AM
Elijah

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:20:07 +0100, Le Fou
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:32:51 GMT, Elijah wrote:

Howdy!
I wanted to convert one of the database books on
http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm which is currently in
cbh format to pgn so I can import it to Pocket Chess for the PDA.

Is there a way to do this in Fritz, or is there some freeware that'll
do it for me?

thanks

In Fritz Database Windows
1- Open the cbh file
2- Select all games - Copy
3- Create a new pgn file
4- Paste

well, that's easy enough, thanks!

Old February 9th 04, 12:15 PM
David Richerby

Elijah wrote:
Le Fou wrote:
In Fritz Database Windows
1- Open the cbh file
2- Select all games - Copy
3- Create a new pgn file
4- Paste

well, that's easy enough, thanks!

It's even easier than that: from the database window, you can just do
File | New | Create textfile and choose PGN format.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Transparent Evil Smokes (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a pack of cigarettes but it's