Old February 8th 04, 06:02 PM
Spur

Default A new extensive chess programming tutorial

Hello all,

I began publishing a new chess programming tutorial. It
follows my pet project of developing a chess playing agent
from scratch. The tutorial is released in stages, as soon
as I complete parts of the program. Each release includes
a new chapter of the tutorial (in PDF form) and all the
code for that release. The whole thing is free, of course,
including the code which is licensed with the GPL.

I hope it will be of interest to people in this group.
You're welcome to check it out at:

http://www.geocities.com/spur4444/prog/jamca/jamca.html

Kind regards,
Eli
Old February 8th 04, 06:48 PM
Josť de Paula

Em Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:02:18 -0800, Spur escreveu:

I hope it will be of interest to people in this group.
You're welcome to check it out at:

It is of mine, thank you very much!

--
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Old February 9th 04, 03:56 AM
Chuck in Minot

Thank you, as being apart of a group of people trying to put a new chess
program together this will be very helpful. We here at team BUSTER want to
try and put together a program not with the goal of being the strongest, but
a program that will be a powerful and fun chess tool, just full of features
that people have been wanting and asking for. Just for starters how about a
live teacher student class mode to allow a chess instructor to be online
with up to 20 students at the same time seeing and being able to manipulate
each of their boards and being able to chat in private to just one student
or to the whole class, as well as an easy live on line player to player
ability. Net cam support is also being looked at. There will be no 3D
boards for a while, but we are also working on the ability to allow the user
to scan in any image and Buster will be able to display them as custom chess
pieces, and people could then send and exchange their ideas with other
users, same for the board.. The same for sounds when pieces are captured
and so forth. We simply want users to be able to make Buster their own!!

Many other features are being worked on, but right now Buster has a long
long way to go before we can even let people play with a beta.

Thanks

om...

Old February 9th 04, 08:55 PM
Spur

I'm glad you like it :-)

If you want to be updated with future releases of the tutorial
chapters/code, drop me an email (it's on the website)

Eli