Old February 9th 04, 05:07 AM
Elijah

Default change order of games in database in Fritz?

howdy!
have 64 games in a Fritz cbh database but I want to reorder them so
lets say game 7 and game 5 switch spots on the screen. Any help?
thanks
Old February 9th 04, 12:24 PM
Elijah

On 9 Feb 2004 05:53:47 GMT, CeeBee wrote:

Elijah wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

howdy!
have 64 games in a Fritz cbh database but I want to reorder them so
lets say game 7 and game 5 switch spots on the screen. Any help?
thanks

That's not possible with Fritz.

The only way to do that is to copy your games one by one or group by group
to a new database in the order you wish them to be.

hey, that bites. Can I save the thing as a pgn and edit the order in
some other program?
Old February 9th 04, 01:12 PM
David Richerby

Elijah wrote:
CeeBee wrote:
Elijah wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:
have 64 games in a Fritz cbh database but I want to reorder them so
lets say game 7 and game 5 switch spots on the screen.

That's not possible with Fritz.

The only way to do that is to copy your games one by one or group by
group to a new database in the order you wish them to be.

hey, that bites.

It's presumably supposed to encourage you to buy Chessbase. :-(

Can I save the thing as a pgn and edit the order in some other program?

Yes. Any text editor should do the job. To save to PGN, choose
File | New | Create textfile and choose PGN format in the dialog
box. You'll lose any graphical annotations or quizzes.

Dave.
--
David Richerby Perforated Frozen Dictator (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a totalitarian leader but
Old February 9th 04, 08:54 PM
Yves Surmont

Maybe not quite answering the question, but if I'm not mistaken, I could do
a resort in a database with in Nicbase on my Atari ST2 computer ... in the
late eighties :-)
In Chessbase you need to sort the database in the buffer and write the
buffer to a new database. That's what I normally do when I want to sort the
games on date eg
--
http://users.pandora.be/yves.surmont/comp.htm
"CeeBee" schreef in bericht

It's presumably supposed to encourage you to buy Chessbase. :-(

You can't do that in CB8 either.

--
CeeBee

_Got no wockin' furries_