Old February 9th 04, 05:43 PM
Gregory Topov

Default SCID - scid.eco file?

When I load SCID, the welcome window gives the message:
"Trying to load the ECO openings file...
Unable to open the ECO file: C:/Games/Scid/bin/scid.eco"

Am I missing a file? (it's not in that folder) Or is this a separate
download? Obviously it has to do with the opening book I imagine. Any tips
appreciated.
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 9th 04, 06:24 PM
Mikko Nummelin

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Gregory Topov wrote:

When I load SCID, the welcome window gives the message:
"Trying to load the ECO openings file...
Unable to open the ECO file: C:/Games/Scid/bin/scid.eco"

Am I missing a file? (it's not in that folder) Or is this a separate
download? Obviously it has to do with the opening book I imagine. Any tips
appreciated.

It is available at least in the sources directory, i.e. if you have
unpacked the source to ~gregory/src/ then it's available in
~gregory/src/scid-3.4/scid.eco or in similar place. From there you can
copy it to the appropriate place. If you have installed it (into your
Windows) from installation package, go get the source also!

Mikko Nummelin
Old February 9th 04, 06:34 PM
Gregory Topov

Excellent! Thank you Mikko!