Old February 10th 04, 06:02 AM
greg and kari

Default Fritz 8 at Compusa

Does anyone know for sure if the Fritz 8 sold at Compusa is the same as the
one sold at normal Chess line stores, package is different?

Old February 10th 04, 05:49 PM
Derek Wildstar

"greg and kari" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Does anyone know for sure if the Fritz 8 sold at Compusa is the same as

the
one sold at normal Chess line stores, package is different?

I just did some quick investigating, considering this is an unsual item to
be had retail.

AFAIK, this looks like the standard Fritz interface with the Standard Fritz
engine + accompaniments

Amazing, photo-realistic 3D graphics
Easy to Use & Fun to Play
Complete Introductory Course for Beginners
Comprehensive Tactical Advice for Advanced Players
Opening, Middle and Endgame Training
Spy, Hint and Threatened squares functions
Over 1,500 Voice files
Deep Analysis Functions
Giant Openings Book
500,000+ Game Database

So far, so good, right?

Old February 10th 04, 05:56 PM
Netsock

"greg and kari" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Does anyone know for sure if the Fritz 8 sold at Compusa is the same as

the
one sold at normal Chess line stores, package is different?

I got mine from there, and it is the same (Chessbase) program.

The only difference is that the marketing company (Macromedia or something
like that) has set up the installation to show an advertising flash screen
on start up.

It is easily corrected by pointing the icon to the actual Cheesbase
executable tho...

Old February 11th 04, 09:18 PM
Blackbeard's Ghost

I just did some quick investigating, considering this is an unsual item to
be had retail.

what about doing some quick investigating about X3d Fritz's SMP capabilities
as well?

after all you expect us to believe your "quick investiagtions" but you
refuse to believe everyone else's investigations!

quite strange!

Old February 12th 04, 12:07 AM
Derek Wildstar

"Blackbeard's Ghost" wrote in message

I just did some quick investigating, considering this is an unsual item

be had retail.

what about doing some quick investigating about X3d Fritz's SMP

capabilities
as well?

after all you expect us to believe your "quick investiagtions" but you
refuse to believe everyone else's investigations!

quite strange!

Are you being contrary? Very well. What is your specific question?

If you are still of the mind that X3D Fritz is not SMP capable, I'm still of
the mind to disagree with you. Fritz 8 is not SMP capable, But Deep Fritz
7+8 is. Is this product the OP is asking about Deep Fritz, no it is not.
Therefore it is likely not SMP capable.

Is the product the OP asked about X3D Fritz? No it is not. Is X3D Fritz,
Fritz 8? No, it is not. Anything else?

I am a glacier of patience.

Old February 12th 04, 12:18 AM
David Richerby

Derek Wildstar wrote:
I am a glacier of patience.

You mean you're icy cold and slowly crumbling into the sea? Pleased to
meet you. :-)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Edible Voodoo Sword (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a razor-sharp blade that has mystical
Old February 12th 04, 07:32 AM
Derek Wildstar

"David Richerby" wrote in message

You mean you're icy cold and slowly crumbling into the sea? Pleased to
meet you. :-)

No no, not a free-range sea glacier...one in the Mountains, Ice-Age style.

That said, I think he's going on about which versions of fritz are SMP or
not, and X3D Fritz, the one that you can buy as the "X3D Brand" isn't SMP...
which very well may be, but he hasn't proven it.

Yoo hoo, Blackbeard...It's ok, you don't have to prove it! I believe you, I
promise.