Old April 14th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default How to make Rybka play on FICS ?

Hello, i wish to ask you how one can manage to make Rybka to play on
Fics.

Iam on WinXP and want to make Rybka and other chess engines play on
FICS we wll.

Is it an easy thing to do?

What exactly tool wil i be needing?

Jin/Babaschess have no options to make chess engines play online so
please guide me.

Iam on WinXP SP2

Old April 14th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

skieros wrote:
Hello, i wish to ask you how one can manage to make Rybka to play on
Fics.

I can't help you do that but I'll say something anyway. Will this
improve FICS? There are hundreds of computers playing on FICS already
and there surely must be plenty of copies of Rybka. What will your
computer offer that the ones already there don't?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Surprise Fluorescent Atom Bomb (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a weapon of mass destruction
Old April 14th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

What can his offer the other do not ?

It sounds like he wants his copy of Rybka to play on FICS....

If i had a computer program id want mine to play there too....

Old April 14th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

/ SAT W-7 :
What can his offer the other do not ?

It sounds like he wants his copy of Rybka to play on FICS....

If i had a computer program id want mine to play there too....

i am making my chess engine too and want to test ti as well and a
friends one too as well.

Old April 14th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

SAT W-7 wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
What can his offer the other do not ?

It sounds like he wants his copy of Rybka to play on FICS....

Yes, I can see that. But how would his copy of Rybka differ from
the copies already there? The point of the computers is to offer
a service to the human players and the service of `playing against
Rybka' is already offered by others, I'm sure.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Perforated Robot (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a high-tech robot but it's full

Old April 14th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

skieros wrote:
i am making my chess engine too and want to test ti as well and a
friends one too as well.

Putting a chess engine that you've written yourself on FICS is
interesting: it lets people play against a new opponent. But letting
people play against yet another copy of Rybka is not interesting.
(Indeed, the FICS computer account policy pretty much said this, last
time I looked at it.)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Chocolate Spoon (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a piece of cutlery that's made of
Old April 14th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

/ David Richerby :
skieros wrote:
i am making my chess engine too and want to test ti as well and a
friends one too as well.

Putting a chess engine that you've written yourself on FICS is
interesting: it lets people play against a new opponent. But letting
people play against yet another copy of Rybka is not interesting.
(Indeed, the FICS computer account policy pretty much said this, last
time I looked at it.)

Its very very basic engine that will most likely loose 90% of the time
but i want to see how it goes.

So can anyone plz tell me how to make it play on fics (preferably with
the sue of jin/babas) not another gui.

Old April 14th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

A good point. And one that either the original poster, and others
should heed prior to putting up the program. But here is a list of
things that you may do, especially with Rybka (because it is currently
number one).

Test an opening book.
Test changes to an opening book
Play certain theme openings
Test various settings in the program to see how they effect strength and
game play.
Simply trying to do it the first time.

All of these educational pursuits are personal, and I think perfectly
valid on servers that allow computers to play.
Old April 14th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Apr 14, 10:13 pm, JohnnyT wrote:
A good point. And one that either the original poster, and others
should heed prior to putting up the program. But here is a list of
things that you may do, especially with Rybka (because it is currently
number one).

Test an opening book.
Test changes to an opening book
Play certain theme openings
Test various settings in the program to see how they effect strength and
game play.
Simply trying to do it the first time.

All of these educational pursuits are personal, and I think perfectly
valid on servers that allow computers to play.

Yes one can practise all the above youa re describing.

Can anyone hre answer my original question please?