Old April 16th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default how to stop all the seek info in fics

I am new to the fics, I just want to read the help files but always
stopped by the flood of seek info, how can I stop it temperarily?

Also, is there any online material introducing how to use fic?

Thanks
Jialin

Old April 17th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

jialin wrote:
I am new to the fics, I just want to read the help files but always
stopped by the flood of seek info, how can I stop it temperarily?

``set seek 0'' to turn it off; ``set seek 1'' to turn it back on again.

Also, is there any online material introducing how to use fic?

http://www.freechess.org/Help/QuickGuide/index.html

and the links begining ``intro_'' at

http://www.freechess.org/Help/AllFiles.html

Dave.

--
David Richerby Fluorescent Apple (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ tasty fruit but it'll hurt your eyes!