Old February 13th 04, 07:49 PM
Gregory Topov

Default Printable Version of the Opening Book

"David Richerby" wrote in message
Ah. ECO is a genuine paper book: copyright rests with the authors. Like
any other book, it's very unlikely that it's available for download. If
you just want the main lines, you can download a text file from

http://pgn.freeservers.com/ECOMast.txt

This is great! Is there a place somewhich lists the winning percentages for
all these lines (e.g. in all GM games)?

I realize that a computer database could create such statistics, but this
would require having all the games. I'm wondering whether there is a list
of winning percentages for the various openings, without needing a record of
all the entire games themselves?

--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 14th 04, 06:03 AM
Robert Smith

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message
"David Richerby" wrote in message
Ah. ECO is a genuine paper book: copyright rests with the authors.

Like
any other book, it's very unlikely that it's available for download. If
you just want the main lines, you can download a text file from

http://pgn.freeservers.com/ECOMast.txt

This is great! Is there a place somewhich lists the winning percentages

for
all these lines (e.g. in all GM games)?

I realize that a computer database could create such statistics, but this
would require having all the games. I'm wondering whether there is a list
of winning percentages for the various openings, without needing a record

of
all the entire games themselves?

I found the following site with opening statistics
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adam.bozon/index.htm

--
-Robert Smith