Old April 20th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default TASC R30 on ebay

For those interested, a TASC R30 has gone on ebay today.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ME:L:LCA:CA:31

Old April 21st 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Only $1,900 for obsolete, antiquated technology that would lose every game
to Pocket Fritz running on a Palm Pilot.

WHAT A BARGAIN!!

oups.com...

Old April 21st 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

20.04.2007 19:16, :
For those interested, a TASC R30 has gone on ebay today.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ME:L:LCA:CA:31

I am aware that some things might be interesting for collectors. But
$1900 as starting bid?? Plus $50 shipping costs? I wonder who busy such
stuff.

Greetings,
Ralf
Old April 21st 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Apr 21, 5:18 am, "I was better but....."
wrote:
Only $1,900 for obsolete, antiquated technology that would lose every game
to Pocket Fritz running on a Palm Pilot.

WHAT A BARGAIN!!

in 5 years , the Tasc R30 would easily be worth 10 times your current
pc - they simply do not depreciate and in fact are going up....let's
talk 5 years from now about your ...

Old April 21st 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

21.04.2007 20:42, mate-in-30:

in 5 years , the Tasc R30 would easily be worth 10 times your current
pc

Because of what? As a collector's item?

- they simply do not depreciate and in fact are going up

Again: why? This would be a very unique feature for an electronic device.

Greetings,
Ralf

Old April 22nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ups.com...
wrote:
Only $1,900 for obsolete, antiquated technology that would lose every
game
to Pocket Fritz running on a Palm Pilot.

WHAT A BARGAIN!!

in 5 years , the Tasc R30 would easily be worth 10 times your current
pc

Sure it would John. That's why you're getting bombarded with so many bids.
What? You don't have any bids yet? How can that be?

Let me explain something to you Mr. Hendlin. The value of something is only
what someone else is willing to pay. Your fantasy of it's antique value is
doubtful. I'd be surprised if you could get $200 for that electronic
dinosaur.

- they simply do not depreciate and in fact are going up....let's
talk 5 years from now about your ...

Sure they are John. Let's talk 5 years from now when you're trying to dump
it for $100 to help pay the rent. There is a reason you're trying to pawn it
off on some sucker now and not waiting 5 years John.

FYI, if you're going to try to pretend to be someone else and use a google
account to posts from, make sure you do it through a proxy server so it
isn't obvious you're the same person.

Regards,

JMR

Old April 22nd 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Chess Sadist a écrit :

Let me explain something to you Mr. Hendlin. The value of something is only
what someone else is willing to pay. Your fantasy of it's antique value is
doubtful. I'd be surprised if you could get $200 for that electronic
dinosaur.

I would buy it at least 200 $.

Pascal
Old April 22nd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"pascal" wrote in message
Chess Sadist a écrit :

Let me explain something to you Mr. Hendlin. The value of something is
only what someone else is willing to pay. Your fantasy of it's antique
value is doubtful. I'd be surprised if you could get $200 for that
electronic dinosaur.

I would buy it at least 200 $.

Pascal

Maybe John Boy here will take that as a down payment, LMAO!!

Old April 23rd 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:
Only $1,900 for obsolete, antiquated technology that would lose every game
to Pocket Fritz running on a Palm Pilot.

WHAT A BARGAIN!!

in 5 years , the Tasc R30 would easily be worth 10 times your current
pc - they simply do not depreciate and in fact are going up....let's
talk 5 years from now about your ...

Just ignore him...not only is he our resident troll, he's also not the
sharpest tool in the shed.

-George
Old April 23rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

George, both my chess skill and IQ are much much higher than yours. You know
that was well as I do. I tried explaining some concepts to you in the small
and simple terms that you're used to but you STILL don't understand.

Boy George here is so incredibly dumb he can't even figure out on his own
how to patch the fritz to avoid the CD check prompt.

You're the one we'll be ignoring buddy.

JMR