Old February 15th 04, 01:18 PM
yves

Default Xboard engines tournament manager

Dear all,

I am looking for an Xboard compatible tournament manager to run on Mac
OS X. (Panther)

On windows, I already used Schredder 6, Jori Ostrovskij's WB Tourney
Manager. More information can be found at
http://www.aarontay.per.sg/Winboard/Winboard6.html#[F.3]

But the reason I ask here is because it does not solve my needs.

BTW: I got crafty, gnuchess and some others to work on Mac OS X. If
there is interest, I might post it on the internet.

Yves - http://users.pandora.be/ai

Old February 16th 04, 01:27 PM
Tord Kallqvist Romstad

yves writes:

Dear all,

I am looking for an Xboard compatible tournament manager to run on Mac
OS X. (Panther)

Hi Yves,

Unfortunately I don't know of such a tool. I would probably use
Xboard together with some scripts, but of course this is not nearly as
user friendly as an OS X user would expect.

Some day I hope to have an UCI and xboard compatible GUI for my own
engine, and this GUI will probably include some kind of tournament
manager. It will not be finished any time soon, though.

BTW: I got crafty, gnuchess and some others to work on Mac OS X.

You might also be interested in Gothmog, if you don't already have it:

URL:http://www.math.uio.no/~romstad/gothmog/gothmog.html

It is not as strong as Crafty, but probably a bit stronger than
gnuchess and Phalanx.

--
Tord Romstad
Old February 16th 04, 03:07 PM
M Holz

yves wrote:

Dear all,

I am looking for an Xboard compatible tournament manager to run on Mac
OS X. (Panther)

I have written a simple perl/Tk-script. It's still version 0.0001 but i
can mail it, if you want.

Marc

Old February 16th 04, 07:47 PM
yves

M Holz wrote:

I have written a simple perl/Tk-script. It's still version 0.0001 but i
can mail it, if you want.

All parts help. Even version 0.0001 it is very welcome. It is for
testing my engine against the real ones.

I will try to make a mountable image of my Xboard... avoids a lot of
building.

Yves

Old February 17th 04, 05:50 PM
Yo Merito

M Holz writes:

yves wrote:

Dear all,

I am looking for an Xboard compatible tournament manager to run on Mac
OS X. (Panther)

I have written a simple perl/Tk-script. It's still version 0.0001 but i
can mail it, if you want.

whoud you share it at the address in header? many thanx

y.m.