Old February 17th 04, 04:04 AM
Noah Roberts

Default Email Complaints To: [email protected]

newsgroup_mail wrote:
"Euclid" is an off topic poster who posts only to incite flame wars. This
latest post of his is totally off-topic and does not have anything to do
with the thread. ISP's consider off-topic posting to be a serious matter.

I have sent a complaint to his ISP and I encourage you to do the same. Copy
the full email header and send to:

If we all band together we can rid the newsgroups of these trolls!

You are the proud winner of the "quickest to hit my killfile" award.
Usually I give newbies time to redeem themselves but you have shown
yourself to be a pitiful little runt and I really don't want to hear
from you again.

*plonk*

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old February 17th 04, 05:37 AM
newsgroup_mail

"Noah", you are just another worthless piece of **** loser that knows
nothing about chess and has made no contribution to this newsgroup. Welcome
to my [PLONK] group as well!

Old February 17th 04, 09:57 AM
Nonyz

Default Avoid Mike Leahy and his garbage software

"Mark" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
Funny how all these folks that want to trash Mike come across as classless
Jr. High School kids.

Agreed - the shaw.ca poster is rather aggressive in his stand. That
doesn't make him a liar. Leahy has pretty much succeeded in totalling
my main email address and this was way back. I don't know if Bookup
has changed its privacy policy since, I certainly hope so. Leahy
claims to know the first names of his 'several hundred' customers. His
product has been bashed as not being even a respectable database by
one of the top computer chess reviewers. His only contribution to this
newsgroup is to push his own products, ALL the time. And these are
indisputable facts. He has also duped a renowned chess player of his
rightful dues. This guy is a two-faced liar and a two-bit scam artist
- people need to know that so that they can atleast exercise a bit of
caution in their dealings with him.
Old February 17th 04, 04:27 PM
Noah Roberts

CeeBee wrote:
Noah Roberts wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

newbies

Jason a newbee? You mean a usenet regular with an online Gilles de la
Tourette -syndrom.

Well, I never seen him before. I assumed he was a newbie based on his
actions. In my opinion I would still classify him as such since however
long he has been here he obviously hasn't grown out of that stage.

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old February 17th 04, 04:47 PM
Mike Leahy

"Nonyz" wrote in message
om...
"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

Funny how slander comes unsubstantiated and from anonymous posters.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old February 17th 04, 06:03 PM
newsgroup_mail

"Noah", or whatever your real name is.....you are trully a snivelling
coward. You are too stupid to understand simple english words. If I could
get you in front of me I would hit you so hard you would think that you're
being born again. But of course, if I could get you in front of me, you
would be meek like the trembling little mouse you are, and keep your mouth
shut.

Old February 17th 04, 07:08 PM
Derek Wildstar

"newsgroup_mail" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Bookup is real crap and the worst part is that if this jackass Leahy gets
your email address, you will continue to get junk email for

months......not
just from him, but he gives it to third parties as well. I made the

mistake
of giving him one of my good email addresses that I never got any junk

mail
in ever, and all of the sudden, i'm getting a bunch of junk mail including
his repeated solicitations for me to "upgrade" to his $200.00 version. His
software is very poorly done both in interface and functionality, and it's
not too hard to see that the guy is an independent (out of work)

programmer
trying to make a buck. Stick to Chessbase and Chess Assistant. You will

get
your money's worth with either of those.....or the Sourceforge freebie.

David

I have to disagree with your assesment. I audited Bookup Lite, I did receive
promotional material by the email address I used to register for the audit,
I even fired off a question by email to ML, which was promptly answered.

Ultimately, I ended up not using his product, due to my specific needs, I
did not get further emails, nor did I notice any emails from other companies
which would have learned my address from the Bookup registration.

I'm not sure why you are so angry when you have suffered no loss, let it go,
for your healths sake.

Old February 18th 04, 08:56 AM
Nonyz

"newsgroup_mail" wrote in message news:[email protected]
I'ts not slander when it's true Leahy.

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
.com...

"Nonyz" wrote in message
om...
"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

My prefering to remain anonymous on the Internet is a matter of
personal choice and in no way related to this issue. It would be very
easy for me to use a 'name,' and you would be none the wiser. Why
would more than one person decide to make similar 'slanderous'
accusations against you? You're a pushy little smartass Leahy and a
liar. People like you need to be stopped or at the very least,
discouraged.
Old February 18th 04, 03:21 PM
Mike Leahy

"Nonyz" wrote in message
m...

Funny how slander comes unsubstantiated and from anonymous posters.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

My prefering to remain anonymous on the Internet is a matter of
personal choice and in no way related to this issue. It would be very
easy for me to use a 'name,' and you would be none the wiser. Why
would more than one person decide to make similar 'slanderous'
accusations against you?

Indeed, why would an anonymous poster make slanderous accusations?
I imagine it's the same force that has a ruffian spray paint a wall and run
away.

In one of your past posts you said that you made up the accusation
of my selling email addresses because you thought I'd been flippant
in one of my emails to you. You indicated that people in this forum
are prone to believe such an accusation, and that if you were able to
use that to trick even one customer into avoiding Bookup then you'd
be satisfied, somehow getting even for whatever you think I really
did.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com