Old February 15th 04, 02:32 PM
newsgroup_mail

Default Avoid Mike Leahy and his garbage software

Bookup is real crap and the worst part is that if this jackass Leahy gets
your email address, you will continue to get junk email for months......not
just from him, but he gives it to third parties as well. I made the mistake
of giving him one of my good email addresses that I never got any junk mail
in ever, and all of the sudden, i'm getting a bunch of junk mail including
his repeated solicitations for me to "upgrade" to his $200.00 version. His
software is very poorly done both in interface and functionality, and it's
not too hard to see that the guy is an independent (out of work) programmer
trying to make a buck. Stick to Chessbase and Chess Assistant. You will get
your money's worth with either of those.....or the Sourceforge freebie.

David

Old February 15th 04, 02:47 PM
Mike Leahy

"newsgroup_mail" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]

Thanks, David/Jason.

I don't doubt that you are suddenly getting lots of junk email. However,
I doubt it is coming from my list which is hosted on its own secure server.
Email addresses there have never been shared with anyone.

It's true that in exchange for the free Bookup 2000 Lite (which I understand
doesn't meet your needs) you promise to read my week of promotional
and informational emails. Your promise to read them is at...
http://www.bookup.com/bookupliteform2.htm
....on the fourth line where is says in bold after "In Exchange."

The line after "If you DON'T like your free program" is also interesting.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"

Old February 15th 04, 06:17 PM
Werner Mühlpfordt

Thanks Mike, for managing to keep on-fact and even polite,
after such an agressive posting. By doing so, you not
only saved, but even increased your reputation as seen
through my eyes.
The original poster will have time enough to grow up while
living in my killfile ;-)

Werner
Old February 15th 04, 07:00 PM
John Doe

In article , "Mike Leahy" wrote:

I don't doubt that you are suddenly getting lots of junk email. However,
I doubt it is coming from my list which is hosted on its own secure server.
Email addresses there have never been shared with anyone.

I doubt you're getting spammed from him also. I have not reveived ANY spam on the address I registered with. None at all, and I registered that address about eight months ago.

In addition the software is pretty good too.

Jim
--
More chess...less government.

Old February 15th 04, 07:52 PM
Nonyz

Your promise to read them is at...
http://www.bookup.com/bookupliteform2.htm

OMG, Mike! You look like a used car salesman in that! Guess you missed
your true calling! LOL!

Old February 15th 04, 07:56 PM
Don Corleone

Be serious guys... use Chessbase Software.

news:NpLXb.514547$ts4.[email protected]

Old February 15th 04, 08:59 PM
Douglas L Stewart

I own both Bookup and Chessbase (bookup since 1997 I think and chessbase
since 2003). I use them for different things. I use Bookup to develop my
opening plans, and I use Chessbase to have a huge fricking database of
games.

I think I'm probably missing out on some more value added functionality in
Bookup besides just my openings, but I just haven't had a chance to learn
more.

---
Douglas Stewart

Old February 15th 04, 09:04 PM
HD

John Doe skrev:
In article , "Mike Leahy" wrote:

I don't doubt that you are suddenly getting lots of junk email. However,
I doubt it is coming from my list which is hosted on its own secure server.
Email addresses there have never been shared with anyone.

I doubt you're getting spammed from him also. I have not reveived ANY spam on the address I registered with. None at all, and I registered that address about eight months ago.

In addition the software is pretty good too.

Jim

Well, Jim, I can only agree with you. My experience is much like yours:
No spamming. I'd heard the rumour before I gave my address, I didn't
believe it, and it was a very right judgement.

HD

Old February 16th 04, 12:09 AM
newsgroup_mail

When are you going to stop sending me mail? I have recieved six emails from
you this week alone. I am pretty sure you gave my email to some spammer list
as well. Like I said earlier, i didn't recieve a single piece of junk mail
before giving the address to you. In a nutshell STOP SENDING ME MAIL!

.com...

Old February 16th 04, 12:10 AM
newsgroup_mail

rofl, this is either one of Leahy's buddies are him under another ID. Don't
waste your money on this crap software folks.....I'm not just saying that
because the idiot started spamming me, although that is another reason not
to like the guy.