Old April 22nd 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default New computer ratings list from SSDF

2007-04-21
Program/Computer Rating
1 Rybka 2.3.1 Arena 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2962
2 Rybka 1.2 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2909
3 Hiarcs 11.1 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2871
4 Junior 10.1 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2867
5 Junior 10 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2851
6 Hiarcs 10 HypMod 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2845
7 Fruit 2.2.1 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2837
8 Shredder 10 UCI 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2830
9 Spike 1.2 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2825
10 Shredder 9.0 UCI 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz 2814

Old April 23rd 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Even the previous version of Rybka is still stronger than the
others....amazing! I don't see Fritz 10 on that list. Did it not make the
top ten or did it not compete?

JMR

ups.com...

Old April 23rd 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Chess Sadist wrote:
I don't see Fritz 10 on that list. Did it not make the top ten or
did it not compete?

At

http://web.telia.com/~u85924109/ssdf/comment.htm

Thoralff Karlsson says, ``During the coming months we continue to test
Rybka 2.3.1, Hiarcs 11.1 and Fritz 10.'' I assume that means that
Fritz 10 hasn't yet played enough games to be put on the list.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Broken Beefy Dish (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ fine ceramic dish that's made from a
Old April 23rd 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

David Richerby wrote:

http://web.telia.com/~u85924109/ssdf/comment.htm

Thoralff Karlsson says, ``During the coming months we continue to test
Rybka 2.3.1, Hiarcs 11.1 and Fritz 10.'' I assume that means that
Fritz 10 hasn't yet played enough games to be put on the list.

So why haven't they tested Fritz 10 in all these months? It was available
before the last SSDF list came out in November. Further, why aren't they
testing the deep version of any of these programs?

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I wonder if the SSDF is becoming irrelavent. They
have no time for testing at their own admission.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old April 23rd 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I wonder if the SSDF is becoming
irrelavent. They have no time for testing at their own admission.

That's unfortunate. Is anyone else doing this kind of rating
calculation?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Perforated Technicolor Beer (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a refreshing lager but it's

Old April 23rd 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"David Richerby" wrote in message
news
Chess Sadist wrote:
I don't see Fritz 10 on that list. Did it not make the top ten or
did it not compete?

At

http://web.telia.com/~u85924109/ssdf/comment.htm

Thoralff Karlsson says, ``During the coming months we continue to test
Rybka 2.3.1, Hiarcs 11.1 and Fritz 10.'' I assume that means that
Fritz 10 hasn't yet played enough games to be put on the list.

Wow, a non-flame post that actually contained useful content. I'm truly
shocked! Is that a first for you Richerboy?

JMR

Old April 23rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

David Richerby wrote:
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I wonder if the SSDF is becoming
irrelavent. They have no time for testing at their own admission.

That's unfortunate. Is anyone else doing this kind of rating
calculation?

I think there are a few. I like the results, it is just that they are clearly
not inclusive and thus, not conclusive. There are several contenders that
have been ignored now for two SSDF reports which goes back to what, last
august or so? Fritz 10 was out before the november report and was ignored on
it and this current one from April. Deep shredder, Deep Junior, etc., have
all been ignored, so one can not draw a real conculsion about the strength of
the available engines, just the strength as related to others in the list. I
am happy that it is better than what is available without the list.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old April 24th 07, 10:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I am glad some one is doing this , i think id still get HIARCS ....

My friend has Fritz 9 so if i ever get a real computer id try something
different so we could play at many different time controls..

Old April 24th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"SAT W-7" wrote in message
I am glad some one is doing this , i think id still get HIARCS ....

My friend has Fritz 9 so if i ever get a real computer id try something
different so we could play at many different time controls..

Fritz 9 is old news. Get Fritz 10. And don't buy it, just download it for
free from a p2p network.

JMR

Old April 25th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ill tell him..thanks