Old February 15th 04, 11:33 PM
Wilma

Default My CM9k stutters

For example, it might say, "bishop takes e4--e4--e4-e4."
I can live with it, but is there a fix for it?

Wilma

Old February 16th 04, 12:55 AM
Gregory Topov

"Wilma" wrote in message
ink.net...
For example, it might say, "bishop takes e4--e4--e4-e4."
I can live with it, but is there a fix for it?

Have you tried the full install, with all the audio on the hard drive? That
should solve most problems with choppy audio.
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 16th 04, 07:12 AM
Wilma

Yes. BTW, if it helps to diagnose, I run my CM9k on a Pentium 4 with Windows
XP. It's a Dell.

Wilma

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 12:40 PM
matt -`;'-

"Wilma" wrote in message
ink.net...
For example, it might say, "bishop takes e4--e4--e4-e4."
I can live with it, but is there a fix for it?

Wilma

What I did was to use GameDrive by FarStone, a CDrom drive emulator and made
an image of the 2nd disk to use on my hard-drive. This makes for much
smoother audio. I do this for most of my games because they heat up my
Cdrom drive too much and I want it to last a while. GameDrive is cool, its
like having a 100x speed CD drive. This keeps me and my CD drive
appy. -matt