Old April 26th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Printing all games with end position diagram

This seems like it should be simpler than it is!

I am seeking a program that will allow me to export a file/filter/set of
games with the header(s), moves, and a diagram of the final position of
each one... SIMPLY.

Explanation: I am playing a bunch of correspondence games. I can easily
export all games in progress to a PGN file (using Scid). But what I can't
seem to do is find a way to print that PGN file (or export from Scid) so
that I get a printout of the games with a diagram of the final position for
each. This would be quite useful since I have a lot of free time to examine
my games where a computer is impossible and a pocket-analysis board awkward
at best.

So far, the best I can figure is to manually add a diagram nag at the end
of each game and export from there, but that is tedious. I can't find any
way to automatically add the diagram (or remove them without stripping all
annotations).

I am willing to buy CA or CB or whatever it takes to make this happen

Old April 26th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Chris L chris[at]chrislott[dot]org wrote:
So far, the best I can figure is to manually add a diagram nag at
the end of each game and export from there, but that is tedious. I
can't find any way to automatically add the diagram (or remove them
without stripping all annotations).

Since they're games in progress, each PGN entry should end with a *.
You could do a search and replace to change all *'s that are not
followed by " (to avoid the ones in the [Result "*"] tag) to
whatever-the-NAG-for-diagram-is followed by *. Not perfect but better
than doing it manually?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Simple Mexi-Wine (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ vintage Beaujolais that comes from