Old February 16th 04, 07:16 PM
Gregory Topov

Default SCID windows - combining into one window?

SCID has all kinds of separate windows, eg the game/board window, a PGN
window. All these separate windows complicate task switching, because it's
difficult to bring up all the SCID windows at the same time. Is there any
way to integrate or combine all the SCID windows into one separate window,
so SCID shows up just once in the task bar? This will make task switching
easier, so I can restore or minimize all the SCID windows at once.

--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 16th 04, 11:07 PM
Simon Waters

Gregory Topov wrote:

so I can restore or minimize all the SCID windows at once.

The default is "auto-iconify" which means all windows should minimize at
once.

A quick glance suggests the opposite isn't implemented, indeed restoring
windows is more complex as some may 'need' to appear on top of others -
etc. But the scripting isn't totally mind bending - so you might find
something I missed or find a fix if you google around the tk sites.

Old February 17th 04, 04:29 PM
Anders Thulin

Simon Waters wrote:

A quick glance suggests the opposite isn't implemented, indeed restoring
windows is more complex as some may 'need' to appear on top of others -
etc.

Provided that it is possible to extract the Z-order of the windows
it should be possible to restore them to that order.

--
Anders Thulin http://www.algonet.se/~ath