Old February 19th 04, 07:56 AM
n o s p a m p l e a s e

Default How to run fritz.eng in winboard?

How do we run fritz8.eng file in winboard?
Thanx/nsp
Old February 19th 04, 10:38 AM
HD

n o s p a m p l e a s e skrev:
How do we run fritz8.eng file in winboard?
Thanx/nsp

You don't. Fritz is a CB-native engine, and the code are not avaiable
for conversion or use with other GUI's than the ones provided by CB.
However, if you have Fritz, why not use the WB/UCI-engines in that GUI??
Or are you a Linux-user?

HD

Old February 20th 04, 12:20 AM
Michael Byrne

HD wrote in message . dk...
n o s p a m p l e a s e skrev:
How do we run fritz8.eng file in winboard?
Thanx/nsp

You don't. Fritz is a CB-native engine, and the code are not avaiable
for conversion or use with other GUI's than the ones provided by CB.
However, if you have Fritz, why not use the WB/UCI-engines in that GUI??
Or are you a Linux-user?

HD

Actually it can be done in a "indirect" way. You use can the auto232
option as pipe to winboard. I have not done it, but that is how it
was explained to me.

If somebody has more details, please post or reference a website.
Old February 20th 04, 11:05 AM
HD

Michael Byrne skrev:
HD wrote in message . dk...

n o s p a m p l e a s e skrev:

How do we run fritz8.eng file in winboard?
Thanx/nsp

You don't. Fritz is a CB-native engine, and the code are not avaiable
for conversion or use with other GUI's than the ones provided by CB.
However, if you have Fritz, why not use the WB/UCI-engines in that GUI??
Or are you a Linux-user?

HD

Actually it can be done in a "indirect" way. You use can the auto232
option as pipe to winboard. I have not done it, but that is how it
was explained to me.

If somebody has more details, please post or reference a website.

Yeah, well. Thats probably right, however I thought that requrired an
extra PC and/or the CB-gui running. At least this not what I consider to
use a CB-engine under WB. But thats just MHO.

HD