Old February 20th 04, 11:16 PM
JesperN

Default Chessmaster 10k?

Just a little curious here. Anyone who has a resonable estimate on a
release date for chessmaster 10k. Since I have done everything there
is to do in 9000 I'm in need of a new version, when do you think we
can expect it? John Merlino, would you like to share a few facts, of
all in here you must know most about it?
Old February 21st 04, 12:59 PM
HD

JesperN skrev:

Just a little curious here. Anyone who has a resonable estimate on a
release date for chessmaster 10k. Since I have done everything there
is to do in 9000 I'm in need of a new version, when do you think we
can expect it? John Merlino, would you like to share a few facts, of
all in here you must know most about it?

Sounds interesting! I don't have any CM-version, but I didn't thought
that it was so limited, that somebody just could do "everything there
is to do in" it. How did you do it?

Old February 21st 04, 11:12 PM
JesperN

HD wrote in message . dk...
JesperN skrev:

Just a little curious here. Anyone who has a resonable estimate on a
release date for chessmaster 10k. Since I have done everything there
is to do in 9000 I'm in need of a new version, when do you think we
can expect it? John Merlino, would you like to share a few facts, of
all in here you must know most about it?

Sounds interesting! I don't have any CM-version, but I didn't thought
that it was so limited, that somebody just could do "everything there
is to do in" it. How did you do it?

Was mostly ment, as I don't find it interesting anymore. Since I have
finished all the classroom features, played all personalities and
explored all/alot of the libary. Theese things are the main reason to
why I buy chessmaster, so I'm in need of a new verison now.
Old February 21st 04, 11:49 PM
Robert Pawlak

You might want to check out some other tutorial programs then. You can get more
info at my websites (shown below).

BTW, I'm not sure who asked the question, but John Merlino is not working for
Ubisoft anymore. So it is probably going to be someone else in charge of CM10k
development. Of course, things can always change....

Bob

Bob Pawlak (remove 1et.tw to e-mail)
Chess Assistance
http://www.chessassistance.com
Chess Reviews
http://www.chessreviews.com

Old February 24th 04, 12:00 PM
Radishes

Since I have
finished all the classroom features, played all personalities and
explored all/alot of the libary. Theese things are the main reason to
why I buy chessmaster, so I'm in need of a new verison now.

So I have to ask, how many times did you go through the tutorials?
The drills? The classroom exercises?

The advice I've been hearing from a lot of teachers and coaches
regarding books on tactics and endgame studies is that the student do
the exercises over and over again. Using software, they suggest you
do this until you take very little time (better measured by those
software titles that time each exercise) to do the problems. This
increases your rapid pattern recognition for common themes, freeing
your mind for the more complicated stuff.

So is that what you've been doing with CM9? Also, have you added any
more tournament games to its database, either from your own games or
from other tournaments?

Just some random questions.

Radishes
Old February 25th 04, 12:34 PM
JesperN

(Radishes) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Since I have chessmaster 7000 and 8000 too, I have all in all been
doing the tutorials at least 3 times(and some of them many times more)
since many of the tutorials are the same for 7000, 8000 and 9000. Of
course, since I have a rating on about 1800 I don't/didn't use so much
time on the beginner lessons as with the more advanced lessons.
Concerning the drills then I don't use much time on some of them. I
don't need to take the drill with "mate with king and rook against
king" because I know how to do it. Then I'll rather try the "mate with
knight and bishop against king" for example.

Concerning the database then I don't use the one that comes with
chessmaster9000. I'll rather use the one that's in chessbase8, it's
much more advanced. The database isn't the reason to why I bought
chessmaster9000 or why I will buy 10k.