Old May 11th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default How to make my chess engine play in FICS through WinBoard ?

Hello, iam tryign to make my chess engine to play first time on FICS
with following command:

C:\Program Files\WinBoardwinboard -fd 'd:\polyglot' -fcp 'polyglot
my_chess_engine.ini'

The above command work in winboard to make my engine play against me
but ti doesn't move if i try to make her play on FICS through
winboard.

Any clue why? Same thing happens with all uci engines i tried....

Old May 11th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

skieros wrote:

.... Any clue why? Same thing happens with all uci engines i tried....

Sure I have a clue: you didn't read the winboard (and zippy) help files.

To give you an example what is necessary:

/xboard -zp -ics -icshost 69.36.243.188 -icshelper timeseal -icslogon
/home/volker/bin/fics.ini ...-fcp ./'polyglot glaurung.ini'
-fd /home/volker/Schach/polyglot ...

xboard (or winboard) have to know that it plays on a server. Therefore -zp
has to be used. It must act in correct time therefore it needs a helper
application (timeseal or timestamp depending on the server). Uci engines
need the help of polyglot and an appropiate .ini file. An server.logon
file with your account data and basic server commands is also very useful.

Volker
Old May 12th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Volker Pittlik wrote in
:

skieros wrote:

... Any clue why? Same thing happens with all uci engines i tried....

Sure I have a clue: you didn't read the winboard (and zippy) help
files.

To give you an example what is necessary:

/xboard -zp -ics -icshost 69.36.243.188 -icshelper timeseal -icslogon
/home/volker/bin/fics.ini ...-fcp ./'polyglot glaurung.ini'
-fd /home/volker/Schach/polyglot ...

xboard (or winboard) have to know that it plays on a server. Therefore
-zp has to be used. It must act in correct time therefore it needs a
helper application (timeseal or timestamp depending on the server).
Uci engines need the help of polyglot and an appropiate .ini file. An
server.logon file with your account data and basic server commands
is also very useful.

Volker

Iam on XP so i ahve to use this:

winboard -zp -ics freechess.org -fd 'd:\polyglot' /fcp 'polyglot
rybka.ini'

but cause i work in dos mode freechess or the ip adress of it cant be
found but a winboard dilaogo open and ask me there where i want to
connect so only the -ics paramater was missing

but very time i ahve to cdhir wo winboard dir to open it.

is there a ay to do the same form indiese windows with a graphical way?

And also plz post your fics logon so to see how it looks to make my
own... damn windows are always a problem even in simple things