Old February 21st 04, 07:19 AM
Ron London

Default Wide screen Notebook and Fritz or CB8

Has anyone used Fritz or Chessbase with one of the new notebook computers
with a Wide screen? Does the whole screen get used, or do you have black
lines on the sides, and does the wider than normal screen allow more windows
inside Fritz?

Thx, Ron

Old February 21st 04, 09:36 PM
Matt Morgan

I have used Hiarcs 8 on a Dell laptop with a wide screen, and the aspect
ratio is fine. Things do not get stretched all funny or anything like that.
Besides, you can change the amount of space each component of the program
takes up on the screen (Board gets x amount, analysis gets such-and-such,
etc). Where I have had trouble is with colors, but that's another matter
entirely.

Old February 22nd 04, 09:09 PM
Ron London

Thanks for the info: but what happened to the colors? I'v not had any
problems in that area.