Old May 13th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Ubisoft - Rajlich partnership?

Why doesn't V. Rajlich make deal with Ubisoft and incorporate his remarkable
program into a Chessmaster platform? Make himself a potful of cash (if that
is of any interest to him) and get Ubisoft back on top where it belongs.
Just a thought.

Grant

Old May 14th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Graham Hill wrote:
Why doesn't V. Rajlich make deal with Ubisoft and incorporate his remarkable
program into a Chessmaster platform? Make himself a potful of cash (if that
is of any interest to him) and get Ubisoft back on top where it belongs.
Just a thought.

Grant

Why do you think he is not doing very well with the Convekta people?
Professional Chess Players are quite happy that he makes a UCI engine.
I think that UBISoft can do just fine by distributing something like
Fruit with their system.

Besides, the chess master folks are happy enough to be strong enough to
create a great educational and entertaining product. I don't think it
was seriously taken serious by either the professionals or the computer
chess folks.
Old May 14th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Sun, 13 May 2007 19:08:33 GMT, Graham Hill wrote:

Why doesn't V. Rajlich make deal with Ubisoft and incorporate his remarkable
program into a Chessmaster platform?

Possibly because Ubisoft does not have much of an interesting in continuing
the Chessmaster product line currently? Also, the engine beats just about
all players and those who can beat it probably have no need for the
"fluff".

M.
Old May 16th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

My understanding is that Rajlich's main motivation is simply having
the best chess engine in the world. He has that. His main focus is
making it better so he can stay on top for as long as he can. I am
unconvinced going commercial with Ubisoft would be in his best
interests long term. Aside from that you can't just dump
"Chessmaster" as a brand name and you also can't just plug in Rybka as
a new engine and toss out "The King".