Old February 22nd 04, 06:51 PM
joe mccarron

Default Chessbase Playchess rank and chatting

Watching the Linares event on the Chessbase server I was dismayed to
find that, if you want to say somethign you need to have some sort of
rank. The rankings show that I am a Bishop but evidently this isn't
high enough to allow me to say anything in that "community." I tried
to find out what I need "to become a rook" but I can't seem to find
anythign clear on this. Does anyone know if there are any clear
guidlelines? Yes I did searches on their websites but found nothing.

Does ICC have a similar piolicy to censor members of appearently
insufficeint chess skill?

thanks
Joe
Old February 24th 04, 12:50 PM
Flobby Bischer

ICC does NOT have such a policy. (only guests cannot chat -- all members
can.)

I learned that too about a playchess lecture where higher rated players were
making crap comments and constantly ringing telephone sound effects. I took
it for about 2 minutes then went back to ICC. It sucks on playchess when
players may have legit questions but are banned from asking.