Old February 23rd 04, 05:01 AM
Michael Byrne

Default new chess software download available ....

For those that like to buy software over the web and download and you
are looking for a professional chess program - look no further than
right here.

Ruffian 2, by Swedish programmer Perola Valfridsson is now available
for download with loyalty price of just $29.

A loyalty price represents a special discount to those who already
owned one of the Lokasoft familiy of chess products - including chess
program Rebel 12 by Ed Schröders, prize winning chess programmer,
chess program Deep Sjeng by the young talented programmer Gian-Carlo
Pascutto and chess program Tiger 15 by world re-knowned chess
programmer, Christophe Théron.

http://www.lokasoft.nl/ruffian.htm

Disclaimer:

I have no finanical interest in Lokasoft or any other their products,
other than the fact that I purchase every new chess offering they
have.

I am one extremely satisfied customer.

One suggestion, if you are going to buy all their chess products -
consult with Lokasoft first on the sequence in which you are going to
buy them. In many cases, it may make sense to follow a certain order
in installing the products that will allow a smooth installation
process.

Best,

Michael Byrne
Old February 23rd 04, 05:15 AM
Noah Roberts

Michael Byrne wrote:
For those that like to buy software over the web and download and you
are looking for a professional chess program - look no further than
right here.

*plonk the spammer*

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old February 23rd 04, 01:33 PM
Euclid

Not to be overly argumentative, but I'm not sure if I'd call it spam. [The
guy who's posting his "poker" stuff here is really spam, but this one is
about computer chess.] He isn't crossposting it to a lot of newsgroups,
insofar as I'm aware. Maybe he just likes it. It's about the same price as
the Chessbase programs with a discount if you owned prior versions (which
unfortunately Chessbase does NOT offer!?). The ability to download it,
rather than wait for snailmail shipment, is also a plus. I'd also give them
a plus point for trying to compete with Chessbase, just because I think
Chessbase needs more competition... )

Ruffian is a strong engine, probably sufficient for most people unless
you're competing in correspondence chess at the top levels. As for their
ChessPartner 5.3 GUI, I have no idea, but since it's UCI then any UCI GUI
should work.
--
Euclid

"Noah Roberts" wrote in message
Michael Byrne wrote:
For those that like to buy software over the web and download and you
are looking for a professional chess program - look no further than
right here.

*plonk the spammer*

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

[original post]

Old February 24th 04, 05:36 AM
Michael Byrne

Michael Byrne wrote:
[...]