Old May 21st 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default What games chess players like?

Chess players are fond of Chess Game,

What other Games do Chess Players Like?

A few like

Chinese Checker

Can I get a list of all strategy games simmilar to chess where one
makes move and wait for opponent to make move. And needs lot of
brains?

Bye
Sanny

Old May 21st 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 21 May, 08:45, Sanny wrote:
What other Games do Chess Players Like?

Texas Hold'em Poker

Old May 21st 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
Don Don is offline

On May 21, 2:45 am, Sanny wrote:
Chess players are fond of Chess Game,

What other Games do Chess Players Like?

A few like

Chinese Checker

Can I get a list of all strategy games simmilar to chess where one
makes move and wait for opponent to make move. And needs lot of
brains?

Bye
Sanny

Hi Sanny,

I'm new here, but since I have lots of brains and like playing games
that require lots of brains, I thought I'd chime in on this one. The
one game I've always found to be as challenging as chess is Tic-Tac-
Toe (T3). I sometimes spend hours pondering my next move. I've read
many books on T3 theory (including books on T3 openinings, middle and
end games) and I've studied under some of the great Polish masters. I
believe I read somewhere that T3 is third only to Chess and Rock-Paper-
Scissors (RPS) as the most written about game, so there would be
plenty or resources for you to draw from. Having seen your chess
website, I think you and your programming team could probably pull off
putting together a good T3 game. If you would decide to try to tackle
either T3 or RPS, I'm a GM in each, so let me know if you need someone
to test them out.

Another couple of games that I'm fond of are card strategy games. One
is called Old Maid and the other Go Fish. They also need lots of
brains to play properly.

Hope this helps,
Don "Cats" Livingstone, T3 GM, RPS GM, ELO 815

Old May 22nd 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 21 May, 08:45, Sanny wrote:
What other Games do Chess Players Like?

Texas Hold'em Poker

Omaha Hi-Lo poker

Old May 22nd 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On May 21, 5:11 pm, Don wrote:
On May 21, 2:45 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Hello again, Skippy. Been a while since you
went away. Glad to see that your old temper
tantrum problem is now under control. Too bad
they can't do something about your low IQ with
prescription drugs, though.

I didn't realize you were a GM at tic-tac-toe --
very impressive! Of course, this shoots a hole
right through my theory that an idiot savant can
become expert at (just) one game through
practice. Now that you are known to be a major
talent in yet another game, it's back to the old
drawing board for me.

-- coach

Old May 22nd 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 21 May 2007 14:11:47 -0700, Don wrote:

On May 21, 2:45 am, Sanny wrote:
Chess players are fond of Chess Game,

What other Games do Chess Players Like?

A few like

Chinese Checker

Can I get a list of all strategy games simmilar to chess where one
makes move and wait for opponent to make move. And needs lot of
brains?

Why don't you look on the web?

Me personally, I like

Bowling (same Zen as darts, but more physical)
500 bid (my family's first game, chess is second)
Euchre
Scrabble (Third game)
Cribbage
Backgammon

Bang!
Boomtown
For Sale

Old May 22nd 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
Don Don is offline

On May 21, 6:50 pm, help bot wrote:
On May 21, 5:11 pm, Don wrote:

On May 21, 2:45 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

-- coach- Hide quoted text -

Wow. What a sad and bizaare reaction to some harmless kidding with
Sanny. Is he your gay lover or something?

Old May 23rd 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

22.05.2007 01:50, help bot:

Don "Cats" Livingstone, T3 GM, RPS GM, ELO 815

Hello again, Skippy.

You actually regard it as possible that he would be able to come up with
some self-deprecating jokes?

Greetings,
Ralf
Old May 23rd 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On May 21, 10:22 pm, Patrick Volk wrote:

Why don't you look on the web?

Um, this *is* the Web. (I get here via www.google.com,
where the "www" stands for "World Wide Web".)

Me personally, I like

Bowling (same Zen as darts, but more physical)

I hate bowling because, as in golf, the ball never
goes where I (quite obviously) aimed it. In chess,
the pieces nearly always land where I aim.

500 bid (my family's first game, chess is second)
Euchre

I used to like this one.

-- help bot

Old May 23rd 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On May 22, 11:53 am, Don wrote:

Wow. What a sad and bizaare reaction to some harmless kidding with
Sanny. Is he your gay lover or something?

Skip is a bit touchy about his, um, 10% gayness.
He prefers it if people would just try to focus on the
other 90% of him (which, he tells us, is straight).

But the real problem is that because of his low IQ
and inability to get along with the other kids, he has
developed a decided tendency to lash out at others
who, like him, appear simple or childlike in the
content of their postings here.

Unfortunately, the psychological problems run so
deep that Skip will often simultaneously attack
others for posting under a pseudonym, while doing
precisely the same thing himself in the attacking
post! Yowie.

---

As for Sanny, he's a cool guy, but he just can't
seem to stop lying about his world famous Web site
and chess program. My prescription is sodium
pentathol, since nearly everything else has already
been tried, unsuccessfully.

-- doc bot