Old February 24th 04, 02:05 PM
Andrea

Default Problem with Shredder 8

With such program, itisn't possible, with the Shootout, to set an
average time per move to be able to use the hash tables dimension
formula for the best engine play. I hope the introduction of this
option in a patch or future version...
Andrea

Old February 25th 04, 11:29 PM
HD

Andrea skrev:

With such program, itisn't possible, with the Shootout, to set an
average time per move to be able to use the hash tables dimension
formula for the best engine play. I hope the introduction of this
option in a patch or future version...
Andrea

Maybe it will be. However, apart from being the way to perform "matches"
between the same engine, it's also way to make certain postions played
by different engines, and the feature has probably been thought as
merely a (engine)opening/middlegame test-feature, since it has both time
and ply. It can also be used a kind of "engine"-mark.
But then, in areas, its just aonther variantion of the
"engine-match"-feature.

Hd

Old February 28th 04, 12:15 AM
Wayne Martin

I was going to purchase Shredder 8 so I just wanted to make sure
incase I misunderstood this... are you saying that the game will not
allow you to set up the computer to play an "average time per move"
and use hash tables at the same time?

Old February 28th 04, 12:49 AM
HD

In that case I misunderstood.
With use of shootout the TB's will be used as usual.

HD