Old February 27th 04, 04:46 AM
Shane Hudson

Default Scid 3.6 is available

Release 3.6 of Scid (a free chess database application for Windows and Linux
operating systems) is now available at the Scid website:

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Shane

Old February 27th 04, 03:54 PM
Antonio R.

Default Scid 3.6 is available - And the scid-database

"Shane Hudson" wrote in message ...
Release 3.6 of Scid (a free chess database application for Windows and Linux
operating systems) is now available at the Scid website:

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Shane

hello,

I am very glad with it, especially when with SCID I got after a small
donation the CD-Rom of Shane with one million games regularly updated.
The games are clean and nicely sorted. You can find all this in scid
homepage. Another issue is that you can load in SCID strong engines as
ruffian 2.0 and the whole thing is a nice set. I am looking ahead now
to SCID 3.7 this year! Thanks Shane!
Anton
Old February 28th 04, 12:12 PM
Joel Mayes

•In article , Antonio R. wrote:
•"Shane Hudson" wrote:

Release 3.6 of Scid (a free chess database application for Windows and Linux
operating systems) is now available at the Scid website:

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Shane

hello,

I am very glad with it, especially when with SCID I got after a small
donation the CD-Rom of Shane with one million games regularly updated.
The games are clean and nicely sorted. You can find all this in scid
homepage. Another issue is that you can load in SCID strong engines as
ruffian 2.0 and the whole thing is a nice set. I am looking ahead now
to SCID 3.7 this year! Thanks Shane!
Anton

I'll second this SCID is a great bit of chess software

--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
| Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news
| Musician | / \
| Music Teacher |
Old March 1st 04, 12:09 AM
Who cares anyway

(Antonio R.) wrote in message . com...
"Shane Hudson" wrote in message ...
Release 3.6 of Scid (a free chess database application for Windows and Linux
operating systems) is now available at the Scid website:

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Shane

hello,

I am very glad with it, especially when with SCID I got after a small
donation the CD-Rom of Shane with one million games regularly updated.
The games are clean and nicely sorted. You can find all this in scid
homepage. Another issue is that you can load in SCID strong engines as
ruffian 2.0 and the whole thing is a nice set. I am looking ahead now
to SCID 3.7 this year! Thanks Shane!
Anton

It is an excellent program there is no doubt. I don't suppose it
concerns that many, but apart from running on Linux and Windoze as
Shane stated, it does run on Solaris and I assume other UNIX's too.
I'm running it on a quad processor Sun Ultra 80 - shame it only uses
one CPU!