Old February 27th 04, 06:55 AM
Robert Smith

Default How can Fritz 8 be $20?

I'm ticked off, I payed $50

Chessbase must overcharge or something.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238607.asp

--
-Robert Smith
---------------------------------
Remove 'nospam.' from my email address if you wish to reply via email.

Old February 27th 04, 12:38 PM
HD

Robert Smith skrev:
I'm ticked off, I payed $50

Chessbase must overcharge or something.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238607.asp

You should probably ask Chessbase the question. From the specs it sounds
like the "Chessbase-Fritz", but in a "Globalstar dress".
Think its a bit odd, and I don't belive it to be very fair to Chessbase
customers!

HD

Old February 27th 04, 07:31 PM
Curtist Thetford

In the features list, I don't see online play listed... I wonder if it's a
slighly crippled version of the program.

"HD" wrote in message
k...

Old February 27th 04, 08:09 PM
Ralph Jones

It probably not Chessbase who decided to sell it at $20, but instead was EB
Games trying to clear surplus off their shelves. I've noticed EB Games has
been focusing more on the console gaming platform vs PC. And to be honest,
Fritz probably isn't as big a seller as all the FPS games out there.

Old February 27th 04, 11:57 PM
Robert Smith

I just checked chessbase's subscription price for online play, $38 a year.
So maybe it comes without a serial number? I'd be asking eb and chessbase
before buying it.

--
-Robert Smith
---------------------------------
Remove 'nospam.' from my email address if you wish to reply via email.

"Curtist Thetford" wrote in message
In the features list, I don't see online play listed... I wonder if it's a
slighly crippled version of the program.

"HD" wrote in message
k...

Old February 29th 04, 01:10 AM
Vincent Diepeveen

According to article in computerschaak it's there for 4.99 euro too in the
Aldi in germany.

u...

Old February 29th 04, 12:33 PM
David Richerby

Robert Smith wrote:
I'm ticked off, I payed $50

Chessbase must overcharge or something.

Retailers are, in general, allowed to charge whatever they want for the
products they sell. Chessbase has very little control over them.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Old-Fashioned Bulb (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a light bulb but it's perfect for

Old February 29th 04, 06:29 PM
Gunny Bunny

Shredder 8 is full of bugs the analysis engine does not work !

news:[email protected]