Old May 31st 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Hal Bogner and Brian Lafferty's lies

According to the public EB audio transcript that was initially
released, Hal Bogner indeed had access to the FOC; not because he is
an FOC member, but one of the members still in the FOC gave Hal, and
allegedly, his other personal friends such as Brian Lafferty, access
to the information in the private FOC and moderators forums.
Furthermore, David also submitted the contents of the private messages
sent by forum members that complained. This supposedly 'Private
Message' sent to the FOC ended up in Brian's hands, and I was told
that several frivolous lawsuits were made from the contents of this
member's private complaint.

According to the audio transcript, the FOC made a motion to remove the
FOC member that gave this information to Hal, but the motion was
overturned by the EB. The means in which Hal accessed this forum, and
David's methods of providing this information to his personal friends
appear to be quite underhanded. IMO as a concerned fellow USCF member,
Hal, and others, used what is supposedly private information to
promote their own selfish political needs.

I, along with others, have kept this to ourselves for over a month
now; however, since this information continues to be erroneously
bandied about by Hal, Brian, and others to promote their own agendas,
it is time to state on record how Hal came by this information. While
I am only writing in regards to what was stated in the open EB
session, I can state personally that David's acts caused me, and
others, and enormous amount of grief. I personally do not like seeing
any of the members that I serve, sued and attacked from the contents
of what should have been a private message to the FOC.

Warning: if you complain to the FOC, and include David Quinn, he will
share the contents of your supposedly private complaint to his friends
and you might have a legal papers served on you. Is this chilling?
IMHO, yes.

Gregory, speaking as Gregory

Note that the audio transcript was a recording of an open session of
the EB, and it was put on the USCF website for public review. It has
since been retracted however, but this information is now in the
public domain.
Gregory Alexander