Old May 31st 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Attorney Brian P Lafferty lied to the FOC and USCF members

As I agree with fpawn that the FOC has been fairly well destroyed by
it's opponents and clueless politicians:

Lafferty wants openness EXCEPT where there are things less than
complimentary to him. It should be noted that my involvement in this
sorry episode was trying to keep the communication addressed to the
FOC (not to me, Lafferty) from seeing the open forum. Despite my
efforts, Lafferty's friends made sure the Private Message, that was
sent to multiple members of the FOC and Moderation, hit the street.
The process of the PM from the FOC Forum to the outside has been
detailed elsewhere in this thread. Truong and Owens had nothing to do
with the dissemination.

I agree, and I authored the motion to remove the partisan element from
the FOC. Those (Lafferty, Bogner and Quinn) who have targeted the
Chair for this should be ashamed of themselves.

I note that you have not posted the communication from my attorney
telling you what you can do with your letter (in lawyer speak, of
course).

Steve Owens

The tapes of the meeting and the communications of Joel Channing, and
others, in this thread point out the falseness of the quoted
statement.

That is a false statement (Lafferty lies).

Steve Owens

Please note that Lafferty and Hal Bogner of chessmagnetschool.com
endorse Stephen Jones and Joe Lux. They lied to the members and
threatened to sue to intimidate the voters so that Jones and Lux can
win. It should also be noted that Jones and Lux accept their
assistance and endorsement.

This is why you must vote for Goodall, Berry and Sloan.