Old May 31st 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Alexei Shirov - Garry Kasparov

http://wwwscala.blogspot.com/

http://wwwscala.blogspot.com/2007/06...sparov-01.html

Old June 1st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Is there a program that will scoop up this game and then allow one to step
through it, move by move?

DSH

Old June 1st 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
Is there a program that will scoop up this game and then allow one to step
through it, move by move?

In general, since he has the moves printed in the blog, you can just
copy and paste them into a fritz family product. This is one of the
most used features to me. The copy is paste is very flexible in its
understanding of chess games.

Old June 1st 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

JohnnyT wrote:
In general, since he has the moves printed in the blog, you can just
copy and paste them into a fritz family product.

Or any of the free programs such as winboard.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Expensive Flower (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ flower but it'll break the bank!

Old June 1st 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

David Richerby wrote:
\
Or any of the free programs such as winboard.

In this case likely true. I have run into many many cases where it has
worked flawlessly in the ChessBase products, and not in many other
products, and have not been in any other counter case. Not to say there
isn't. Just a practical answer.

And Amazon.com is selling the product for under 20 bucks right now for
fritz 9. That makes it really tough to go wrong, and certainly doesn't
make me feel guilty about recommending it.
Old June 1st 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

And Amazon.com is selling the product for under 20 bucks right now for
fritz 9. That makes it really tough to go wrong, and certainly doesn't
make me feel guilty about recommending it.

Is it Fritz 9 or 8?

DSH

"JohnnyT" wrote in message
. ..

\

Old June 1st 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Thanks...

WinBoard 4.2.7 can be downloaded at Tim Mann's chess pages at:

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Old June 1st 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-Fri...dp/B000B643GA/
Old June 1st 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

"JohnnyT" wrote in message
. ..

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

And Amazon.com is selling the product for under 20 bucks right now for
fritz 9. That makes it really tough to go wrong, and certainly doesn't
make me feel guilty about recommending it.

Nope, I didn't write that.

DSH