Old February 28th 04, 09:32 PM
Gregory Topov

Default pasting PGN into Scid?

Is there a feature in Scid that allows you to paste a PGN automatically into
a new game? eg lets say you copy a PGN file of single game from a
turn-based web-site, and want to just paste it into Scid - I can't seem to
find an easy way to do that apart from the long way of importing a PGN file.
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 28th 04, 10:17 PM
Simon Waters

Gregory Topov wrote:
Is there a feature in Scid that allows you to paste a PGN automatically into
a new game? eg lets say you copy a PGN file of single game from a
turn-based web-site, and want to just paste it into Scid - I can't seem to
find an easy way to do that apart from the long way of importing a PGN file.

"Import one PGN game" on the Tools menu.

This allows import from a paste.

Ctrl-Shift-I is a short cut.

On GNU/Linux if you have highlighted the text of a game in another
window immediately before you do that, the game is presented in the text
area without further action, which has to be about as quick and easy as
it gets without making drag and drop of text get too smart. i.e.
Highlight text, Alt-tab to SCID, Ctrl-Shift-I, Alt-I when happy.

Old February 29th 04, 03:39 AM
Gregory Topov

"Simon Waters" wrote:
snip